Wednesday 1 April 2009

more birds

following on from my last post I thought I' write a list of the birds I get in the garden or I can see from the garden
in the garden
blackbirds
song thrushs
robins
blue tits
great tits
coal tits
long tailed tits (cute little fluffy lollipops)
marsh tits
goldfinchs
greenfinchs
bullfinchs
chaffinchs
dunnocks
wrens
nut hatch
pied wagtails
a single male pheasant ( i think he fancies my chickens)
jays
spotted woodpeckers
wood pigeons
tawny owls (only at night though)
sparrows (very exciting)
from the garden
buzzards
barn owls (sometimes, ok heard rather than seen but still)
canada geese
coots
moorhens
ducks
dippers
kingfishers (only if you point the binoculars at a certain point on the river)
phew I think that's it, bill oddie would be proud.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online